Upgrading my Alienware

| Posted in , , | Posted on Wednesday, January 06, 2010

My mobo died on my Alienware aurora, so I'll be needing a replacement.

I've decided I should take this opportunity to upgrade to AM3 and DDR3.

I've researched these parts but would appreciate any insights, advice or opinions. I thought it'd be useful to put my selections out there before I actually spent the money, see what the feedback is.

Link to thread on Tech Support Form


UPDATE: These (for now) are the parts I want to order

GIGABYTE GA-790XTA-UD4

AMD Phenom II X4955 Black Edition
3.2GHz quad core

G.SKILL Trident 2GB


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Original Ideas

MSI 790FX-GD70 mobo
790FX chipset

AMD Phenom II X4955 Black Edition
3.2GHz quad core

Mushkin Silverline 4GB
(note: I'm least sure about this product, never used Mushkin)

Comments (0)