Testing Rainmeter

| Posted in , , | Posted on Saturday, October 17, 2009

Well, most of my afternoon was taken up by downloading the EVE Online trial and trying to figure out how rainmeter works. Rainmeter is a small program that lets users run widgets. There are alot of widget programs out there; from yahoo widgets to google gadgets - with conky, rainmeter, and OS X's dashboard in between. The major difference is that rainmeter is VERY small since it runs on .txt files. The most unfortunate part about it is that theres a major learning curve required before a basic user can start to understand and use rainmeters full potential.

I wont go into more detail right now, but heres a screenshot of my cluttered desktop.



UPDATE:

I've continued playing with Rainmeter this morning. Heres a new screenshot of all the different configs I've found and downloaded. I'm still trying to figure out whats staying and whats going.

Comments (0)