Finally!!! A Decent Media Converter!

| Posted in , , , , , , , , | Posted on Wednesday, December 17, 2008

As I mentioned in my previous blog, finding a freeware media converter that actually works is nearly impossible.

Tonight I ran across Quick Media Converter (made by Cocoon Software) completely by chance. The free software boasts the largest array of conversion formats I have ever seen. It will let you convert almost anything including flv, avi, divx, xvid, mpeg4, ipod, iphone, psp, 3GP, 3G2, AVI, DIVX, XVID, TS, DVD, VCD, MPEG, MPEG2, MP3, WAV, amr, m4a, mp4, vob, mov, h264, h263, wmv, wma according to the publisher descripton on download.com.

Impressed I quickly downloaded and installed the program - which was an uneventful process.

At first glance the interface is just a wee bit cluttered but its suprisingly navagatable since its organized in a 'step 1...step 2.... ' sort of structure so the user can easily click down the list and start converting.

Currently I am converting my plethera of .flv files that I cannot use on my iPod.

The program lags slightly while working - but that is to be expected with such things. Surprisingly the computer itself seems to be handling the task fine. Also, the time it takes to convert videos is fair. Not speedy but not overly laggy either.

In the end, I would highly suggest you take a look at this free program. I am grateful I ran across it and hope it helps you as well.



Quick Media Converter can be downloaded from:

Download.com

Cocoon Software (creaters website)

Snap Files

PC World







Comments (0)